Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Last Sunday Amira went to my brother and sister-in-law's while I worked. While there, they took her and my nephew, Anthony, out to get a pumpkin to carve. It was a big tradition in our home growing up to get a pumpkin, carve a fun face into it, stick a candle inside, light it, and sit it on the front porch for all to see. Probably the best part of carving the pumpkin as a kid was using a big spoon to scoop all the goo out of the pumpkin before we carved it's face.

Here's Amira's pumpkin.


We'll be going to my brother's tonight for the big Trick or Treat fest. Amira and I'll stay at their house and pass out candy to all the trick or treaters that stop by, while my brother takes Anthony and his friends to gather a million pounds of candy from the neighborhood.

Amira is excited to dress up in her Tinkerbell costume Grandma and Grandpa got her for her birthday, while Mr. Anthony on the other hand, who is 12 thinks it's uncool to dress up. However, he and so many other kids have no shame in going door to door to gather candy. :-) For those that choose not to dress up, what they don't understand is half the fun of people buying candy and passing it out is seeing the kids in their creative costumes. We'll see what happens tonight. :-)

1 comment:

Mixed Up Me said...

Angela was Tinkerbell too! I hope you had a fun ight!