Friday, June 15, 2007

Girls Rock

TGIF (Thank God It’s Friday) Everyone!

I thought it would be good to start the weekend off with a bang, so found this little video clip I had on my digital of Amira drumming one of our friend’s drum set with her Barbies.



Tonight Amira, my best friend and I are taking a friend of ours to the Friday night concert in the park to celebrate their birthday. It's rather warm these days, but it should still be wonderful, inshallah. Just the people watching alone will be fantastic. :-)

3 comments:

Fatima said...

That is soooo cute mashallah!
Regarding the books that i truly enjoyed...well i could be here forever lol. It depends on what I feel like reading. I liked Samira and Samir by Siba Shakib, Kingdom of the Film stars by Anne Caulfield, Drinking the Sea at Gaza by Amira Hass, Sister of My Heart and its sequel The Vine of Desire. Recently I've finished In Seaarch of Fatima by Ghada Karmi which gave a personal insight into the 1948 palestinian exodus. Oh and I really enjoyed Memoirs of a Geisha...i read it about 2 years before the film came out, and its waaaaay better than the film. I could seriously go on and on lol. :)
xxx

ibeebarbie said...

Salam Fatima,

Shukran for the book list. Now I have a new list of books to read. I really enjoyed Memoirs of a Geisha as well and agree the book far exceeded the film, but then again don't they always? ;-)

Well some how now during this weekend I need to fit in my schedule book finding, but that would be a lovely added feature to the weekend. ;-)

Lebeeya said...

lol, that is so cute :) Amira is beautiful mashallah and I really like her barbies.

I hope you had a great weekend, especially at the concert. Let us know how it was!