Monday, November 26, 2007

Simply profound

While I was finishing up my workday today, I had Oprah on in the background. Denzel Washington was on there with some of the caster members promoting his new movie, The Great Debater. As an aside and probably too much information, Denzel is yummy. LOL

Anyway, one of the younger actor’s was talking about what they learned from Denzel while they were filming the film. He said that one of the things that will stick with him always that Denzel said was “A man gives awards, but God gives rewards”. What an awesome statement!

Love these little God winks as I consider them----messages that God sends to us in whatever fashion it takes to remind us of his everlasting love for us, alhamdullilah. Moreover, reminders for us to always keep our eyes focused on Him rather than seeking approval from mankind.

3 comments:

Benghazi Citizen said...

As usual,,u can see things that others easily miss...
Quitenice remark from Denzel,,and nice you noticed and shared it with us
Best Regards
Benghazi Citizen

Anglo-Libyan said...

salam ibeebarbie
nice one, I liked it too

my apologies for not reading your blog as much as I would like to, inshaAllah I will make time to enjoy your intersting blog and many of the others too :o)

ibeebarbie said...

Salam Benghazi Citizen,
Thank you! I'm always delighted to see you stop by and comment. :-)

Salam Anglo-Libyan,
How wonderful to see you. Hope all is going well, inshallah. I know you've been missed greatly.